Sovereign Hill.

On Friday the 23rd of October the 3/4s went to Sovereign Hill. It was really fun and it was an amazing experience.

I learned that in the 1850’s children weren’t allowed to eat lollies! HOW UNFAIR!!! I mean, I get it, adults have been out all day panning or mining for gold, they should be able to come in and have a treat, but still!!!

I also learned about people’s source of entertainment in the 1850’s, bowling alleys were very different in the 1850’s, it was manual, someone had to go to the back of the bowling alley to set the pins, and roll the ball back, you had to use two hands to roll the ball, and of course, it was heavy.

I also learned how to pan for gold, it’s pretty complicated, but if you do it properly, you just might find a tiny spec of gold, it is shiny, weighs as much as a small rock (because gold is heavy) and it so small you might not be able to see it on some surfaces, but if you look hard, you will find it.

My favourite memory was finally getting some gold, but I wouldn’t of got some without the help of my friends.

If I had a job in the 1850’s it would probably be….. a gold panner! It would be fun!
If you had a job in the 1850’s what would it be???
Tell me in the comments below!

Enjoy your day-
India